Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: cameras cameras cameras I need your help

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Stickboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 16th, 2000
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm currently writing a short, Which I want to shoot on 16mm and I need advice on the choice of camera. I've spokento some pro camera people and they all said use an Arri SR3 or SR2. The trouble is they cost about 300 per day to hire, and that's without the lens. Use a Bolex I hear you say. They cost bugger all to get hold of but they're just too noisey. Does anybody know of an alternative, or where I can get a camera that won't cost a fortune and won't sound like a machine gun ?

    James

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jon Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 1999
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Try contacting the Lux Centre or Four Corners Film Co-op (both in London) as they hire subsidised kit (and other services) to low-budget film-makers and if you become a member, you get an extra discount. They hire kits such as SR2's and Aaton XTR's with zoom lens. Call them for a rate card.

    Jon.

  3. #3
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    Why dont you just gaffer tape some foam/polystyrene around the bolex to shut out the noise?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •